some news about internet and 2.0
* The Top 100 Alternative Search Engines, April 2007 http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/top_100_alt_search_e...
* Webby Nominees
or get this one Thinking Blogger Awards
they should get one : Web Mashups Turn Citizens Into Washington's Newest Watchdogs http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2007/04/maplight
and as an example of this : US Money and Politics: Illuminating the Connection
* MySpace Is Not the Web. Get Ready to Move On
because it now even changes the outgoing links in comments....
We also see the beginning of the balkanization of the internet with the closing of the online communities as shown on The map of online communities
meanwhile another kind of community is explosing
becauseKids and teens have pushed at least 6 immersive online worlds to over 2million UU/mth
some continue to question the wisdom of the 'social' in the social media
Wisdom or crowds, or just crowdiness of crowds?
because if you look at this list of Most frequently visited websites - it is not what you'd expect. (The high position of clearly illegal sites is quite astonishing)
* 10 Stunning Facts About Microsoft’s Profits so much for hype about web.2.0 or the demise of Microsoft
It is preparing the integrated web2.0 services already
Microsoft Astoria for Web Data Services
and all the hype before ?
because here they are nowhere to be seen
comScore and the numbers between the browsers
* Alltheweb and Altavista (YAHOO) better than Google for general search?
and now for a word from our sponsers (hi)
New non-image spam image spam what will come afterwards ? non-image imagespam images spammed ?
* A quick reminder you should also upgrade your QUICKTIME as fast as possible (some security whole - function - that has been closed - for now).
* The biggest non-story today was that the digg users have won against the censors for now when they tried to stop a story with the serial number you need to copy a DVD-HD. For the geeks it was the story of the day. They didn't read about the news they became the headline in the news they read.